Thursday 8 December 2016

The Upper Room daily devotional: Title - God’s Direction

Read Matthew 7:7-12
A person’s steps are directed by the LORD. How then can anyone understand their own way?
- Proverbs 20:24 (NIV)

As my college graduation approaches, I have a million thoughts running through my mind: Where will I work? Where will I live? How will I pay my bills? My five-and-a-half-year journey through college has taught me that life is uncertain and that God provides.

After my first year of college, I had to take a year off to make money so I could return. I had no work experience, but God provided. I got a fantastic job at a local hospital that paid well and allowed me to work nearly 70 hours a week. It wasn’t long before I made enough money to return to college, and my boss let me continue to work during my breaks from school. That job was God’s provision to allow me to finish paying for college.

Today’s verse reminds me that I don’t need to have all the answers right now. I can trust that God will lead me to opportunities. God has always been faithful to me and my family, and we believe in the promise of today’s scripture reading that God cares deeply for each of us and our needs. God loves us and will provide a way for us.



Thought for the Day:

How has God led me to where I am today?

Prayer: Dear God, help us to trust in you and to follow where you lead. Amen.

Prayer Focus: STUDENTS STRUGGLING TO PAY FOR SCHOOL

The scripture quotation, unless otherwise indicated, is from the NEW REVISED STANDARD VERSION of the Bible, copyright © 1989, by the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of Churches of Christ in the U.S.A. Used by permission. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment