Wednesday 1 June 2016

Zlatan Ibrahimovic Says he is 'Too Good' to Return to Sweden

Zlatan Ibrahimovic is ‘too good’ for an early return to Sweden - fueling more talk Manchester United is his next destination.


The 34-year-old striker was speaking on Wednesday morning when he again addressed his immediate future.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic has been linked with a move back to Malmo, with whom he started his career, but he rejected that out of hand. He also dismissed the notion of retirement.


The striker will be out of contract after the European Championship on leaving Paris Saint-Germain and has scored an astonishing 50 goals for club and country this season.

He will lead the line against Wales in Sweden’s final friendly before the Euros but cut an agitated figure on Wednesday.

‘I am too good for Allsvenskan [Sweden’s top league],’ Ibrahimovic said.
‘I want you to keep writing your stories so I get excited when I see them. When I’m tired of it I will let you know where I will go.’


Ibrahimovic’s demeanour was certainly different to the jovial way in which he responded to Sportsmail’s questions last week.

Then, the former Inter Milan, Barcelona and PSG front-man grinned as he answered suggestions he could be on the move to United this summer.


Jose Mourinho is keen to add Ibrahimovic to his armoury ahead of a debut campaign at Old Trafford and the striker has talked about their relationship and his regret for not staying at Inter Milan longer.

‘Let’s see what happens,’ he grinned. 'I am just warming up. I had a great season, a fantastic season so I proved age is just a number.

‘Everything is in your head. Everything you want to do, you do. If I want to make it, I will make it. If I want to do it I will do it.’


No comments:

Post a Comment